Thursday, 27 September 2012

File sharing product- Evaluation


Evaluation

For our Media task we had to create an article on the view and opinions of piracy in the Music Industry. We first had research on what secondary research tells us on the debate about File sharing. Then with the peers in our class we had to have a debate on whether we agree with the statement “File sharing is destroying the Music Industry” or not, and to provided evidence or stamen why we think so. Using the research we first had to do and the comments made in the debate, we had to produce an article for a magazine or newspaper of our choice based on our view on Music piracy.

During the course of this task I found that my research skills weren’t very effective since most of the information I stated were based on generally knowledge apart from finding out about the current status of the music industry. So in my personal experience for this task I felt I wasn’t able to properly show my research skills. However when doing the debate I found myself feeling more confident in showing how much knowledge I know on music piracy and how I feel about it.

I also found out through this task that I have a lot of strength in my writing skills and that journalism does not interest me, which causes the lack of focus. To be more precise I figured that journalism is my weakness.

Whilst producing the article I learnt how to use a new software called InDesign in my experience of using InDesign I found that it is a very simple piece of software to use and that I had no trouble in using it. I found out that my Web publishing skills aren’t that great since I have never used or setup a blog before so my skills were a bit edge. However it was not that difficult following the instruction when given.

My specific targets would be:

·         Develop my researching skills

·         Study the art of journalism

·         Use Web publishing softwares more often

·         Always research both sides of the argument when debating    

No comments:

Post a Comment